6.10.2013

ways to remember || by megan kristine.


There's a shelf in my room that holds all the tangible things left from summer 2012. With all that documentation, how could a person ever forget all those moments; all those emotions? I can still feel it all.

WAYS TO REMEMBER:
1. carry your camera with you everywhere and take pictures of everything. print the pictures and hang them on the wall or glue them to a memory book.
2. write all the things down that you do between the day school ends and the day it starts again in the fall.
3. try to explain how you feel with words on a page. try at the end of every single day of summer.
4. describe as many glorious moments* as you can in your journal.

*remember that you are allowed, at anytime, to turn into a middle schooler and rant about so-and-so, too. you'll laugh about it later, but it's the best kind of remembering.

____________________________________________________________
vscocam42
AUTHOR: Megan Kristine
ABOUT ME: a fifteen year old collection of trips, falls, and wide eyes. A 5'1'' skeleton that I'll bet is shorter than yours. Fingertips smudged in black ink and a head full of words. A crumpled piece of paper with sentences that nobody can read scribbled on its surface. And, by the looks of my room and inside my bag? A reader, writer, photographer, and adventurer.

FIND ME:  blog: nevermind / twitter / instagram / tumblr

8 comments :

  1. remembering things, especially summer, is one of my obsessions! this was a wonderful post megan kristine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, megan. i'm definitely going to use these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great reminder for capturing memories this summer. I have a problem with taking my camera everywhere with me, but never actually taking photos... And not journaling because nothing notable happened... I'll have to try hard to document the simple beautiful things that I want to remember in ten years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, thanks so much for these tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely list. thanks for sharing! x
    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmhm, definitely great tips. I need to get better at journaling, too... I always feel like I never do anything exciting to write about, but my wandering mind compensates for my lack of physical adventure... of course now that I think about it, I have had some great adventures these past few weeks...
    Also, I love your bio - definitely unique in a world full of cliche biographies... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post is the bom dot com. x

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...