11.08.2011

creme della creme

october, 30th, 2011. 8pm. i don't know. i guess you could say it's the anticipation, sitting on the couch unable to sit still, thinking when is that timer going to do off? maybe it's the rush of excitement as you pull your masterpiece out of the oven, then anxiously wait for it to cool so you can sink your teeth into its creamy goodness. or maybe it's the process of making it. but in the end, after savoring that last bite and setting down your fork or spoon, then comes the satisfaction of baking.
Tumblr_lo5zn5tdng1qcg4f2o1_500_large
last Christmas, my Uncle Q bought my Aunt Mary a cookbook. Claire Robinson's Five Ingredient fix, and two accidentally came in the package. well, guess who got the extra cookbook? i brought it home, and flipped through the pages, planning when and where i was going to make every single recipe listed. and this week was the perfect time to make creme brûlée. so, i did.
rosemary infused creme brûlée. a slight crunch from the caramelized sugar coating, and then a sweet, creamy sensation followed by a little kick at the end. did i mention i have six more ramekins full in the refrigerator? and one baking off at the moment? well, seven of you guys should come over so we can decorate composition notebooks and watch...oh...pirates of the caribbean? anything with johnny depp, really ;)

number six of fifteen before fifteen: complete.

-kiss kiss kiss, hug a pirate-

11 comments :

  1. I'm coming! Save me some! :)
    It looks delicious...I might need to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I really love baking, and making new stuff! But I have no intentions on opening my own coffee shop or small restaurant at any time. Honestly, cooking and baking stresses me, but if I'm in the mood and I'm not cooking for a big family, then I will make something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I wanna come! I will gladly help you finish of one of those super deliciously yummy creme brulees!!! And while watching pirate's of the Caribbean, oh I will so be there in a minute!!!! :)

    Love you Jocee dear. xxxx~Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaayyy!!! You finally got to do it! That looks... positively mouthwatering. May I come and join the party? Please??

    Much love and hugs,

    -Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they the best!? I made eight of them last month and on the first night, they were gone. Hahahaa! Ooh and you better save me some because creme brulee and Pirates are my fav. <3

    xoxo, hayley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey joce! Thanks so much 4 the sweet comment on my blog. I <3 TCD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'M COMING OVER RIGHT NOW!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. on my way, honey:) creme brûlée and jonny depp in one setting?? mannnnnnnnnn...i'm liking this:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Looks BEYOND amazing.

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh.my.word. creme brulee is my FAVORITE dessert ever. oh and i totally love johnny depp. basically i love this entire post, haha!

    http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...