4.19.2012

darling i haven't forgotten.

i remember us when we 
were young. 
we'd talk about ducks and
tornadoes and
we wouldn't know better. 
we wouldn't care. 
i don't think i had a better friend
than you at the time. 
that time when the void didn't
exist. 
and then we got older.
i started to love you,
and we drifted
apart,
like clouds in an 
open sky.
and then the 
void came. 
i fell into the 
labyrinth of platonic 
handshakes and desperate looks from
your friends.
and you just let me 
stay there.
it's been a 
month. 
a month since i wished
you would hug me. 
the gap between our friendship is
widening, i can't see 
hope for us anymore. 
the thing is, darling
i haven't forgotten. 
i just don't know if 
you 
remember.

happy sixteenth birthday, eli. i'm still waiting for that hug.
{pea ess: the eli saga, if you want to know all of it. here and here.}
{pea pea ess: the poem that inspired me to do this, by carlotta. swear, it'll make you cry. it's the poem in the photo, i wrote it down so i'd always remember, too.}

13 comments :

  1. Beautiful Jocee... You're very talented. :)

    ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the thing is, darling
    i haven't forgotten.
    i just don't know if
    you
    remember."

    so sad and beautiful. love you Jocee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. i am going through the same sort of thing.

    Hannah Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, it pains me whenever you talk of eli. i have a very similar sitch going on :(

    that poem by carlotta? died. it was so, so beautifully sad.

    xo,
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. "i just don't know if you remember." -- all my sadness! pretty much just real and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, now I have to think about what a hopeless romantic I am.
    But that was beautiful of you.

    -ryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can someone hand me a tissue? This is SOOO sad!!!! *sobs* Oh Eli, can't you just hug her? Just one hug? Seriously, it feels like one of those times in books and anime where a charater you love SOOO much... dies... *sobs even more* Or leaves, and you just cry and cry and cry cause nothing shall be the same without them.

    O love, why does thou hurt so much...
    =^..^= Hunteress =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^^^ what all of them said.

    Also-I love your blog so much. It is definitely one of my favorites. Don't ever stop.(: I admire you so much! Recently I was shopping with my mom. I told her that the cashier at old Navy was pretty. Mom smiled, "Did she remind you of Jocee?" That was exactly what I was thinking. Yup-my mom loves you too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww.. This is beautiful/sad. Love you Jocee <3
    I love the new design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds SO beautiful! But, still, so sad. Hope things work out!
    Sunny Diva
    www.sunnydiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog, and already I love it so much, especially this poem! You are such a talented writer. Its awesome in a i-think-i’m-gonna-fall-into-depression-for-you kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't describe to you how this poem makes me feel. It makes me feel... sad, I guess. You've put the words I've been trying to say for years into a piece of writing, and it's beautiful and it makes my heart hurt. If we ever skype Jocee, i want to vent and you can vent to me too.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...