6.23.2013

letters to jocelyn, opus one.

she wrote me back on juneteenth.
first off, sorry it took me awhile to answer this. i literally spent time thinking of how i should answer this and i've still come up with nothing. or at least nothing as sentimental or amazingly written as your letter.

you are right - camp does do something to you. and even only having gone once, i can vouch for that. 
your eyes actually were really brown that day in the prayer garden. and the hug you gave me afterwards wasn't awkward. just very unexpected, but that isn't a bad thing at all. i've learned to expect the unexpected.

by the way, i actually have cookies this time.

i may look like a tradaisa, but i feel like a helayna-ocean. just as you don't feel like a jocelyn sometimes, but you do slightly look like one. a name may not suit someone from the get go, but how you choose to show yourself will give that name a different meaning for how people view you. no two jocelyns are the same.

i began to miss camp as soon as i walked into my room. no more pointless games of crappy truth or dare, no more laughing late at night. no more taps on the bed to be woken up and asked what time it is. no more attempted naps after lunch time. no more makeup/hair time with the girls. i miss it all more than i imagined i would. and yes, i am proud of you for switching up your ice cream flavors, because i know that chocolate chip cookie dough is your favorite and it's what you normally get. you stepped outside the box and hugged (except not really) the wall with trying a new flavor. *gives cookie* (except not really.)

here i miss jo. the only jo i know. the jo who sings with me at ridiculously early times of the morning and always makes sure i'm okay. is proud and supportive of me. and even though you don't feel like a jocelyn, you could always be jo.

have fun in houston. do us proud - i know you will.

love,
'layna <3

4 comments :

  1. this brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really sweet. i can tell you both are good friends.
    love,
    a loyal follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, you're about to have me crying over missing my camp and all my friends agh just nooo i can't do this. *sniff sniff*.

    ReplyDelete

sometimes i do not understand why you guys like me so much, but the fact that you do (and that you keep coming around) makes me happier than you can even imagine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...