dress: madewell // headband: sam moon // earrings: gifted.
i. snapped one of the aunt while on a shopping trip at the domain.
ii & iv. fun photoshoot with rachel and carolyn.
iii. went on a walk on a cloudy spring day (more on that later).
april: i didn't take many pictures this month, mostly because finals preparations sucked me into its clutches. however, now that i can breathe, i can say april's been my favourite month so far. concerts, shopping trips, dance lessons and formals are few and far between and heartily enjoyed. i'm spending a heck of a lot more time in the Word, and a cassette player with beethoven's complete set of symphonies has been following me around wherever i go. optimism has brought me a long way, to sum it all up. and i know i'm continuing to go up.
-kiss kiss kiss, oh peter-
i. snapped one of the aunt while on a shopping trip at the domain.
ii & iv. fun photoshoot with rachel and carolyn.
iii. went on a walk on a cloudy spring day (more on that later).
april: i didn't take many pictures this month, mostly because finals preparations sucked me into its clutches. however, now that i can breathe, i can say april's been my favourite month so far. concerts, shopping trips, dance lessons and formals are few and far between and heartily enjoyed. i'm spending a heck of a lot more time in the Word, and a cassette player with beethoven's complete set of symphonies has been following me around wherever i go. optimism has brought me a long way, to sum it all up. and i know i'm continuing to go up.
-kiss kiss kiss, oh peter-

you look so cute in that dress, seriously, you are too adorable.
ReplyDeletebasically this is perfect.
ReplyDeleteand you deserve an emmy for that dress, doll.
jess
That dress is super cute, and wow your aunt's got style!! Lovin her cuffed pants with black loafers. Very trendy. :)
ReplyDeleteand oh peter is right!! ;) and did you see my li'l shoutout to you on the blog a few posts back? about 'peter'?!? hehe
love,
manda
http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com
dude. that dress. uhm. gimme it, maybe?
ReplyDeletelove this.
love these photos.
everything it's amazingness.
xx
that outfit is great on you. that shot of the leaves is so delicate. love these so much. :)
ReplyDeletejocee, you are a doll. and your aunt's hair, and scarf?! my! she is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI JUST REALLY LOVE YOU, LIKE, SRSLY
ReplyDeletelet me tell you a story.
ReplyDeletejenn decided you're cool.
the end.
you look so gorgeous! :)
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE A DOLL. A LITERAL DOLL. Cute and priceless.. I love yo pretty face!
ReplyDeletewow. i love the shots and everything! x
ReplyDeleteyou are so pretty! omigosh! that dress. gah!
ReplyDeletebe genuine :)
I've seen your name several times on various blogs, but I'd never clicked on it until today. I'm so happy I did because your blog is a true treasure! I think I'm in love! :)
ReplyDeleteWOW! and i thought everyone knew about jocee / her blog. xD anyway..girl, you're in for a treat -- jocee is one of a kind. :)
Deleteeven if you didn't take that many pics, the ones you took are great. and that dress looks perfect on you.
ReplyDeletelove these. you're so beautiful!
ReplyDeletequestionnnn: how is your aunt related to you (like, is she married in, not a "technical" aunt)? I'm asking because my aunt is black (and one of the BEST people ever! I love her so much) and I get a lot of "HOW THE HECK IS SHE RELATED TO YOU WHITE GIRL". :P so I guess I have a natural curiosity. :)
ReplyDeleteshe married my dad's brother. haha.
Deleteniiice. :) my aunt married my mom's brother... haha
Delete"Gurlllllllllllllllllll."
ReplyDeleteThe above is an actual quote of what I said when I saw that last picture. Absolutely stunning, that's what you and this post are. It is law. ❤
xoxo, Annika @ Pen&Camera
P.S. Also, this is random, but do you shoot in RAW? And do you edit in Lightroom?
1) you're too sweet.
Delete2) i actually haven't shot in raw yet. i'm waiting for the right time to start. and that time would be now, but i take too many pictures for my own good. so... probably for my next shoot, i'll shoot in raw. i butchered that sentence. whatever.
3) yes! i used lightroom 4, and vsco 02 & 03 + some free presets that some photographers make online.
1) Thank you. :)
Delete2) Oh, I love VSCO! I just have the app on my phone right now though, haha. What are some of the free presets you use? *currently has Broke Teenager Syndrome*
xoxo, Annika
haha, i wish they were free, but they're not. they're like... $119 for each pack. all the details are on the vsco website :)
Deletegah, you have too much style jocee girl :)
ReplyDeleteyou're um.... gorgeous, no?
ReplyDeletethat dress, i want it, yes?
that second picture iS WOW. you're a stunna. xx
ReplyDeleteI was kind of disappointed with myself this April. It's usually my favorite month ever, but I kind of didn't enjoy nature to its fullest, didn't take many pictures/try to improve my photography, and started watching a lot of Youtube videos. I also procrastinated a lot...Don't I always? XD But I make up for it somehow.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to make May better.
~Jenny